About Lung Cancer
It is the leading cause of cancer deaths in both men and women, resulting in more cancer deaths than breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers combined. It can take years to develop and is difficult to detect in early stages when there is greater potential for a cure.
Regular screening can increase your chances of catching lung cancer early when treatment is most effective. Learn more about this type of cancer below.
What Sets Us Apart
From routine exams and screenings to pre-admission testing and treatment, you’ll find the highest quality of care from a compassionate and experienced oncology team.
As one of the nation’s premiere cancer programs, we treat more patients with lung disease than any other community hospital in Maryland. Our program features:
- National endorsement of accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC), which demonstrates our exceptional commitment to exceeding quality care standards.
- A team approach that involves some of the nation’s top surgical, radiation, and medical oncologists, radiologists, therapists, and nurses working together to develop a personalized treatment plan that works best for you.
- One of the first cancer centers to offer CyberKnife treatment for inoperable or complex lung tumors in the U.S.
- Advanced diagnostic options that enable early and more accurate diagnoses, including the use of minimally invasive endobronchial ultrasounds (EBUS) for collecting tissue samples with less pain and risk than traditional lung biopsies.
- State-of-the-art technology and unmatched expertise in innovative treatment options, including stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and minimally invasive, video-assisted thoracic surgery, which reduces pain and speeds up recovery.
- Access to groundbreaking treatments in chemotherapy, radiation, and immunotherapy through clinical trials that may not be available elsewhere.
- Smoking cessation resources and support services, including a dedicated care navigator who educates and encourages you throughout your cancer journey.
- A fast-track program for a second opinion within 48 hours.
Lung Cancer Success Stories
Pamela Trombero is a lung cancer survivor and certified tumor registrar. Watch her story below.
MedStar Bel Air Medical Campus
12 MedStar Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21239
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
The Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
9103 Franklin Square Drive
Baltimore, MD 21237
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
5601 Loch Raven Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21239
MedStar Harbor Hospital
The Cancer Center
3001 South Hanover St.
Baltimore, MD 21225