What Sets Us Apart
The team of breast cancer experts are highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with all stages of breast cancer. We also offer advanced screening and genetic counseling because early and accurate diagnosis is critical to your care. Every patient’s cancer is reviewed by a core group of doctors that includes a breast surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and genetic counselor. This means they work as a team to consider all options and develop an individualized treatment plan that will deliver the best possible outcome.
Melissa Belsinger was newly diagnosed with early stage breast cancer when she sought a second opinion from the experts at MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute, on the MedStar Health Bel Air Medical Campus. There, her cancer journey took a wonderful turn. As a Harford County resident and busy mom, Melissa was able conveniently navigate her care and meet her medical team close to home. Click here to view more patient stories.
Our Breast Center
Our Breast Centers offer:
- Breast cancer screening programs, including same day 3-D mammograms
- An infusion center providing IV therapy of all types
- Upright stereotactic core, ultrasound-guided, MRI-guided, and breast biopsies
- Radiation therapy using our state-of-the-art linear accelerator
- Comprehensive breast surgical services, including intraoperative radiation therapy, oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery
- Clinical trials program, including targeted therapy and immunotherapy
- Patient and family support services, including a survivorship program, cardio-oncology, cancer rehab, social work, and financial counseling
- Patient navigation services
- A fast-track program for a second opinion within 48 hours.
- Free parking
We continuously meet the rigorous standards that are required to earn recognition from some of the nation’s most highly regarded accredited bodies, including:
- Accreditation with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons Committee on Cancer for more than 20 years
- Accreditation from the American College of Radiology for more than 30 years.
Plus, the Breast Center at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is one of only a handful of centers in the state of Maryland to receive the Women’s Choice Award from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers as one of the nation’s best centers.
MedStar Bel Air Medical Campus
12 MedStar Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21239
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
The Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
9103 Franklin Square Drive
Baltimore, MD 21237
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
5601 Loch Raven Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21239
MedStar Harbor Hospital
The Cancer Center
3001 South Hanover St.
Baltimore, MD 21225